Learning English can be fun!

Learning English will provide you with new opportunities for work, entertainment, social life, travel, etc.

Thursday 16 October 2008

David Lean and James Stewart


Have a look at this link, where you can find the films that will be shown in Valencia (La Mostra).
An important British filmmaker, David Lean was born in Croydon in 1908 (U.K.). Some of his films are based in literary works (Charles Dickens, Noel Coward, Joseph Conrad, E.M. Forster).

On the other hand, James Stewart is the well-known Hollywood movie actor whose films we have enjoyed so much.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love James Stewart- he's so handsome! I respect his work greatly and I think he's made one of the biggest impacts on the entertainment world.
I found a post about a great speech that he gave while playing Jefferson Smith. Thought I'd share:
http://www.petermanseye.com/anthologies/great-speeches/318-the-art-of-persuasion

Cheers!

Thsbonilla said...

Hello! What's going?

I like too much this blog. I think it could be really useful to us. I couldn't go to the cinema with the class, but I would try to go another day in my own.

Although my name here is 'Julia', I'm Thais (EnglishNA1). Why I put Julia in my google account it's a large story. Maybe one day I explain it. hehehe!

Kiss!